Even though driving under the influence happens thousands of times daily, it is still a very serious crime that needs to be taken more seriously by drivers on San Diegos roads.
But something that many people aren’t aware of about driving under the influence is that you don’t even have to be intoxicated while driving to be charged with DUI.
This is where hiring a good DUI lawyer in San Diego will be necessary. A DUI lawyer will help you understand both sides of the law and fight for your rights strongly in court.
Image Source: Google
Why You Need a San Diego DUI Lawyer
It’s not an easy choice having to hire a lawyer for any purpose, and not every DUI case will require a lawyer. Nonetheless, you still need to look at the circumstances of your situation:
- If you have a history of driving under the influence, especially within the past ten years.
- If anyone was killed or seriously injured as a result of the accident.
- If the fines and fees are too expensive for you to pay.
Driving under the influence offenses is divided into first, second and subsequent offenses. Penalties for driving under the influence on the first offense include:
- Having your driver’s license suspended for no less than four months
- Being sent to prison for n more than six months
- Paying fines and fees of one thousand dollars at the very minimum